After Mark’s Exit, Nct Dream Fans Finally Get The Answer They Were Waiting For

Trending 9 hours ago

NCT DREAM are entering their second decade with a major question about their future now answered.

SM Entertainment announced on August 20 that Renjun, Jeno, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung have renewed their exclusive contracts with the company. Haechan had already renewed, meaning all six current NCT DREAM members will remain under SM.

The company said the decision was made based on the members’ deep trust in one another and continued affection for the team, promising full support for their future activities.

The timing is especially meaningful: NCT DREAM debuted on August 25, 2016, making the announcement just days before their 10th anniversary.

NCT DREAM is continuing as six members

For international fans, there is one important clarification.

The phrase “all members renewed” refers to NCT DREAM’s current six-member lineup.

Mark ended his exclusive contract with SM Entertainment and departed NCT, NCT 127 and NCT DREAM in April 2026. DREAM has since continued with Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung.

That change made the remaining members’ contract decisions one of the biggest questions surrounding the group.

Now fans have their answer.

NCT DREAM members posing together in front of a black backdrop, wearing fashionable casual outfits. They are standing close, with one person making a peace sign.NCT DREAM members posing together / NCT DREAM Instagram

Fans are reacting with relief

Initial fan reaction has been overwhelmingly emotional, particularly after the uncertainty created by Mark’s departure.

Some fans said they had become increasingly nervous while waiting for renewal news, while another reaction summed up the mood simply:

“I’ve never teared up at a renewal before.”

For many NCTzens, the announcement is less about the company itself and more about knowing that the six members have chosen to keep NCT DREAM together.

NCT DREAM’s lineup has never been simple.

The group originally debuted with a graduation system under which members were expected to leave as they became adults. Mark graduated at the end of 2018, before SM eventually abolished the system and brought him back in 2020.

That history made “7DREAM” an especially important idea for fans. Mark’s departure in 2026 closed that chapter, but the new contract renewals provide clarity about the next one.

The remaining six members are moving forward together.

The announcement comes just before their 10th-anniversary celebration

NCT DREAM will celebrate their anniversary with THE SWEET DREAM HOTEL fan meetings at Inspire Arena in Incheon on August 22 and 23.

Both dates sold out during fan-club presales.

The renewal news is likely to change the atmosphere of those shows considerably. Instead of wondering what will happen after the 10th anniversary, fans now know the current team has committed to continuing.

NCT DREAM debuted as a teenage unit with “Chewing Gum” before growing through songs including “My First and Last,” “We Go Up,” “BOOM,” “Hot Sauce,” “Hello Future,” “Glitch Mode,” “Candy” and “Smoothie.”

Their concept evolved because the members themselves were growing up. That makes the contract renewal unusually symbolic. Ten years ago, DREAM’s original concept assumed that growing older would eventually separate its members. Instead, six of them have reached adulthood and actively chosen to remain together.

NCT DREAM members pose in front of a large audience at a concert, with a sea of fans in the background holding signs and lights.NCT DREAM members posing together on stage / NCT DREAM Instagram

What happens next?

SM has not disclosed the length of the renewed contracts or announced a specific new album through Thursday’s statement.

The company has, however, promised continued support and teased further NCT DREAM activities during the second half of 2026. Individual projects are also likely to remain part of the picture, meaning renewing with SM does not necessarily mean the members will focus exclusively on group promotions.

What the announcement confirms is much simpler: After a decade of lineup changes, graduation plans, enormous hits and growing pains, Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung are choosing to begin the group’s next chapter together.

NCT DREAM were never supposed to stay young forever.

But apparently, they still want to dream together after growing up.

More